1. Yin He, Xin Liu, Jiali Hu, Emily S. Nichols, Chunming Lu, and Li Liu*(2021). Difference Between Children and Adults in the Print-speech Coactivated Network., Scientific Studies of Reading，https://doi.org/10.1080/10888438.2021.1965607
2. Gao, Y., Meng, X., Bai, Z., Liu, X., Zhang, M., Li, H., Ding, G., Liu, L*., & Booth, J*. (2021). Left and right arcuate fasciculi are uniquely related to word reading skills in Chinese-English bilingual children. Neurobiology of Language, https://doi.org/10.1162/nol_a_00051.
3. Emily S. Nichols*, Yue Gao, Sofia Fregni, Li Liu*, Marc F. Joanisse. Individual differences in representational similarity of first and second languages in the bilingual brain. (2021). Human Brain Mapping. 42:5433–5445
4. Yue Gao, Lifen Zheng, Xin Liu, Emily S. Nichols, Manli Zhang, Linlin Shang,Guosheng Ding, Xiangzhi Meng* and Li Liu*(2019). First and Second Language Reading Difficulty Among Chinese–English Bilingual Children: The Prevalence and Influences From Demographic Characteristics. Frontier in psychology, doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2019.02544
5. Liu, X., Gao, Y., Di, Q., Hu, J., Lu, C., Nan, Y., Booth，J. R., Liu, L.* Differences between child and adult large-scale functional brain networks for reading tasks. Human Brain Mapping, 2018, 39(2), 662–679.
6. Nan Y, Liu L, Geiser E, Shu H, Gong CC, Dong Q, Gabrieli JDE, Desimone R. Piano training enhances the neural processing of pitch and improves speech perception in Mandarin-speaking children. PNAS. 201808412.
7. Yue Gao, Yafeng Sun, Chunming Lu, Guosheng Ding, Taomei Guo, Jeffrey G. Malins, James R. Booth, Danling Peng1 and Li Liu*. Dynamic Spatial Organization of the Occipito-temporal Word Form Area for Second Language Processing. Neuropsychologia. 2017（103）: 20-28
8. Ting Qi, Bin Gu, Guosheng Ding, Gaolang Gong, Chunming Lu, Danling Peng, Jeff G. Malins, Li Liu*. More bilateral, more anterior: Alterations of brain organization in the large-scale structural network in Chinese dyslexia. NeuroImage 124 (2016) 63–74
9. Say Young Kim, Ting Qi, Xiaoxia Feng, Guosheng Ding, Li Liu*, Fan Cao*. How does language distance between L1 and L2 affect the L2 brain network? An fMRI study of Korean-Chinese-English trilinguals. NeuroImage, 2016, 129:25-39
10. Sun YF, Peng DL,Ding GS,Qi T, Desroches AS, Liu L*. The Dynamic Nature of Assimilation and Accommodation Procedures in the Brains of Chinese–English and English–Chinese Bilinguals. Human Brain Mapping, 2015, 36(10):4144-57
11. Juan Wang, Danqi Gao, Duan Li, Amy S. Desroches, Li Liu*, Xiaoli Li*.(2014) Theta-gamma coupling reflects the interaction of bottom-up and top-down processes in speech perception in children. Neuroimage (102):637-645
12. Jeffrey G. Malins, Danqi Gao, Ran Tao, James R. Booth, Hua Shu, Marc F. Joanisse, Li Liu* & Amy S. Desroches* (2014). Developmental Differences in the Influence of Phonological Similarity on Spoken Word Processing in Mandarin Chinese. Brain and Language 138（11）:38-50
13. Say Young Kim, Yanni Liu, Li Liu*, Fan Cao*. (2014). Similarities and differences in brain activation and functional connectivity in first and second language reading: Evidence from Chinese learners of English. Neuropsychologia, 63 (10) ：275-284
14. Cao F*, Tao R, Liu L*, Perfetti CA & Booth JR. High proficiency of second language is characterized by greater involvement of the first language network: evidence from Chinese learners of English. Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience. 2013, 25(10), pp 1649-1663
15. Li Liu, Ran Tao, Wenjing Wang, Wenping You, Danling Peng* and James Booth*. Chinese dyslexics show neural differences in morphological processing, Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience, 2013, 6: 40-50
16. Liu L*, You W, Wang W, Guo X, Peng D, Booth J. Altered brain structure in Chinese dyslexic children. Neuropsychologia. 2013 Jun;51(7):1169-76.